Associate Scientist/Scientist, Oncology – Zymeworks – Vancouver, BC.
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly motivated Associate Scientist/Scientist to join the Oncology Department to lead and assist with the design, execution, and analysis of in vitro bioassays in the field of cancer immunotherapy. This individual will explore mechanism of action and therapeutic response to drive the selection of lead therapeutic candidates focusing on bispecific antibodies and antibody drug conjugates. This individual will work closely with other disciplines within Zymeworks as part of cross-functional project teams executing on research stage programs through to IND.
This position reports to a Associate Director, Oncology and will be based in Vancouver, BC
- Lead and assist with the design, implementation, execution and analysis of in vitro studies in collaboration with a larger research team to advance potential immuno-oncology therapeutics.
- Develop and execute multiple orthogonal high-throughput in vitro assays to facilitate compound ranking and lead compound identification.
- Develop and execute innovative in vitro models that enable interrogation of proof-of-concept, mechanisms of action, and mechanisms of resistance.
- Review and present experimental processes and data with Supervisor, Oncology sub-teams, and project teams as appropriate.
- Contribute to scientific literature and conferences.
Qualifications and Education:
- A PhD with post-doctoral training or equivalent experience in immunology, oncology, cell biology, biochemistry or related field is required. Additional experience is required for Scientist level.
- Expert knowledge of immune cell biology, focussing on T and/or NK cell biology. Knowledge of the interaction between the immune system and the tumour microenvironment.
- Demonstrated experience of in vitro experiments to examine immune cell biology – in particular tumour-immune co-culture assays, T cell activation and survival assays
- Extensive Flow cytometry experience, including multiparameter, intracellular and phosphoflow.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong motivation, attention to detail, and ability to think independently and fully integrate into a high achieving team environment.
Why Work for Us?
At Zymeworks, we stand for innovation, integrity, collaboration and care.
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at https://jobs.jobvite.com/zymeworkscareers.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.