Cellar Worker – Parallel 49 Brewing Company – Vancouver, BC.
Parallel 49 Brewing Company is a key player in the rapidly growing craft beer industry in Vancouver. We are committed to creating high quality and delicious beers for our customers locally and across North America. As a member of Parallel 49 Brewing Company we would ask for your commitment to deliver outstanding performance and oversight. In addition, we expect your personal accountability in the actions, advice and results that you provide as a representative of Parallel 49 Brewing Company. In return, we are committed to providing you with every opportunity to learn, grow and stretch to the highest level of your ability and potential.
The cellar person monitors all fermentations including temperature adjustments, dry hopping, filtration, clarification and RTD mixing. In addition the cellar person is responsible for the cleanliness of the entire cellar including, but not limited to, tank CIP, cleaning the externals of tank, cellar floors and brew hoses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete assigned tasks in accordance with company SOP.
- Follow all safety procedures
- Keep accurate daily production records per company and Federal Requirements.
- Continually maintain all beer production areas including equipment – (mill room, brewhouse, fermentation, centrifuge, spent grain area, bulk grain and grain storage area, as well as all walkways and driveways around or leading to brewhouse and cellar).
- Inform and assist maintenance technicians with equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Follow daily and weekly cleaning schedules to maintain a clean working environment.
- Monitor fermentations and ensure they meet set pack targets.
- Centrifuge and carbonate beers to required parameters.
- Work with the lab technician to ensure all beers pass microbiological checks.
- Able to lift 22.68 Kgs on a continuous basis
- Flexibility with shifts, as we are a 24 hr brewery
- At least 3 years brewing experience
- A passion for craft beer