Construction Project Manager – Alair Homes Delta – Delta, BC.
Alair Homes Delta is locally owned / operated construction company, and we are looking to add team members – Project Managers seeking a fresh and energetic workplace. A competitive compensation package will be offered based on experience and potential. Projects are generally located in Southern Metro Vancouver (Delta, New Westminster, South Surrey & White Rock), however we work throughout the lower mainland.
Alair Homes is the fastest growing construction company partnership in Canada.
The successful applicant(s) will become a valued part of a growing company that is committed to enable its members to reach their goals and beyond. We promise a positive culture of partnering, mentoring, respect and support.
The successful candidate will have solid experience in residential and commercial construction doing a variety of construction tasks and responsibilities. After showing growth in this area, this individual will move into a project management role.
Strong interpersonal skills and you enjoy working with people (subtrades, clients, building officials)
Responsible and personable
Residential and commercial carpentry skills / experience
Proven track record of successful projects or experience
Computer / technology fluent and you can “touch type”
Building related certificates / diploma from BCIT or similar would be an asset
Enjoys working autonomously and can self motivate to stay on task
BCDL with good record, own vehicle (additional opportunity if you have a black truck)
- Managing multiple residential and commercial projects ranging from small residential, tenant improvements to full custom home builds
- Strong communication skills – verbal & written
- Client management and communication
- Self motivated, proactive approach, solution oriented.
- Must have strong computer skills and technical ability
- Scheduling, planning & coordination for trades & suppliers
- Organizing and coordinating carpentry staff and subcontractors.
- Quality control, ongoing review of work, communicating and organizing repairs, adjustments
- Liaising architects, engineers, designers, other consultants and municipal representatives
- Carpentry or technical construction experience an asset
- 3-5 years experience in a construction management or project management position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Flexible schedule
- 8 hour shift
- project management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Consult blueprints, designs, and client instructions to develop construction plans for your team
- Manage construction sites, ensuring that workers adhere to construction plans and safety codes
- Create and enforce employee schedules and construction timelines
- Document all costs and ensure that expenses never exceed the construction budget
- Update clients on construction progress through presentations and client meetings
- Other duties as requested
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place