Delivery Fulfillment and Customer Service Agent – HOOKED inc – Toronto, ON.
Position: Delivery Fulfillment and Customer Service Agent
Job Type: Part to Full time
Location: Toronto ON
Hooked Inc. is your knowledgeable fish store where the key to everything is respect.
Respect for our team and customers.
Respect for our fishers, fish farmers, and their communities.
Respect for the fish we choose to buy and how we handle that fish.
Most importantly, respect for the preservation, protection and balance of our wild waters. We are proud to deal personally with our fishers, processors and fish farmers, both locally and internationally. This enables us to know exactly where our fish was caught, how and when. We handle all of our own freight to ensure that we have control of our fish from the moment the boat arrives at the dock.
Hooked Inc. was founded in 2011 and now has multiple locations in the city, covering West, East and Central Toronto. In response to our customer’s needs, Hooked has developed an online customer service system offering different ordering and customer service options. In addition to in-store shopping, our customers can order online and request curbside pick-up or home delivery.
In the role of Delivery Fulfillment and Customer Service Agent we are looking for career minded individuals with retail and culinary knowledge who enjoy and take pride in providing excellent customer service to our customers. You thrive on working hard in a dynamic, fast paced, changing environment and bring a positive attitude, a passion for exceeding customers expectations, ambition, and motivation.
- Fulfilling customer orders for home delivery and store pick-up
- Reporting to the Online Delivery Manager and working with Distribution Manager and Retail team
- Processing and packaging customer orders according to order sheets and inventory – making decisions on preferences and availability when necessary – includes fish butchery
- Creatively and thoughtfully packaging customer orders by striving to recreate the in-store experience through home delivery presentations
- Assisting with maintaining solid customer relationships by handling questions and concerns with speed and professionalism
- Able to speak with customers when necessary and provide excellent customer service with product knowledge and cooking suggestions
- Working in tandem with the Distribution team to receive product shipments and maintain overall environment cleanliness and organization
- Cross-training on Retail duties and responsibilities
- Data entry and research as required to troubleshoot customer and/or delivery issues
- Must be available to work Wednesday, Thursday and Friday – daytime
- Potentially available to work full-time – Tuesday through Saturday – daytime
- Leslieville location – 888 Queen Street East
- 1+ year(s) experience in Customer Service, and/or Retail environment
- 1+ year(s) with food handling experience and/or restaurant kitchen experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly Adaptable
- Self motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Approachable and friendly demeanor
- Initiative to maintain productivity without direction
- Interest to learn Hooked fish cooking techniques and fisheries ecology
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Understand product information regarding Hooked products and services
- Fish butchery and processing customer order packages for pick-up and delivery
- Participate in ongoing learning, training and development
- Follow up with team members and/or customers with additional information required for order processing
- Initiative to work with team members to continuously improve processes and implement improvements to current services
WHAT WE OFFER:
- After initial training you will be entitled to a staff discount on all products in all of our locations
- Thorough instruction and training on fish butchery and fisheries ecology
- Possibility of growth in an expanding business environment
- Learning about the different techniques of cooking
- Safe, clean and energetic environment
If you think you would make a great addition to our dedicated Hooked team then please submit your resume and cover letter.
We sincerely thank you for your interest in this position and appreciate all those who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Part-time hours: 25-40 per week
Application deadline: 2020-09-11
Expected start date: 2020-09-14
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00-$18.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Discounted or free food
- Store discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Restaurant food service: 1 year (Preferred)
- retail and/or food service: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Toronto, ON (Required)
- Answer incoming customer inquiries
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and teams to stay updated on new products, services, and policies
- Record and modify customer information within the database
- Engage with clients in a friendly and professional manner while actively listening to their concerns
- Offer support and solutions to customers in accordance with the company’s customer service policies
- Other duties as requested