Equipment Maintenance Assistant – Precision Plate Ltd. – Quinte West, ON.
Maintenance Assistant –
Starting rate $17.50 /hr (flexible based on experience)
– Maintenance of plant equipment and systems (electrical, mechanical, heating etc.)
– Day-to-day troubleshooting and repair of production equipment to minimize
downtime, anticipate problems, and to identify improvements.
– Maintaining any required maintenance records for tracking work orders,
spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
– Treatment of spent solutions, chemistry, and waste in a
manner consistent with all Ministry of Environment Regulations.
– Assisting with planning and implementing plant improvements.
– Monitoring the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies
and equipment and initiating re-ordering when necessary.
– Following programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
– Safety and inspection of fire systems, lifts & hoists, fork trucks, etc.
– Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor or General Manager
– Minimum of 3 years experience in manufacturing maintenance
– Good organization skills
– Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and associated systems.
– Knowledge of plating manufacturing processes
(Experience preferred but not required)
– General welding, fabrication, electrical, carpentry
– Strong problem solving ability.
– Fork truck operation experience.
– Ability to work from ladders and heights.
– Self motivated. Works well without supervision.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE or EDUCATION
– Education: High School Diploma or equivalent experience
– Ability to read and write the English language at a technical level.
– Valid drivers license with clean abstract
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.50-$20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All visitors are screened in and must wear a mask, sanitize and provide contact tracing information upon arrival.
- Industrial maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place