Health Care Aide – Alberta Health Services – Barrhead, AB.
Please note, this facility provides Long Term Care (LTC) or Designated Supportive Living (DSL) services and by Order of the Chief Medical Officer of Health, many AHS employees are restricted to work only at a single LTC/DSL site for the remainder of the pandemic. Speak to the hiring manager who will confirm if, as the successful candidate in this position, you will be restricted to work at only one LTC/DLS site in Alberta.
As a Health Care Aide (HCA) – Nursing Attendant, you are responsible for providing personal assistance, supporting activities of daily living and providing comfort and support services to patients (clients, residents) who require short-term assistance or ongoing support. You will work closely with patients, families, and caregivers spanning the continuum of care in home, community or health care facilities. You will play a key role in providing safe, quality patient and family centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values of AHS.
- Classification: Health Care Aide
- Union: AUPE AUX
- Department: NZ BARRHEAD CHC Home Support
- Primary Location: Barrhead Community Health Serv
- Multi-Site: Not Applicable
- FTE: 1.00
- Posting End Date: 14-SEP-2020
- Temporary Employee Class: Temp Full Time
- Date Available: 24-SEP-2020
- Temporary End Date: 31-JAN-2021
- Hours per Shift: 7.75
- Length of Shift in weeks: 10
- Shifts per cycle: 50
- Shift Pattern: Days, Evenings, Weekends
- Days Off: As Per Rotation
- Minimum Salary: $19.92
- Maximum Salary: $24.21
- Vehicle Requirement: Driver’s License, Vehicle Required
– As a condition of employment at AHS, you must be enrolled in the Government of Alberta-Health Care Aide Directory and provide evidence of your enrollment at time of hire and annually thereafter. For more information on the Alberta Health Care Aide Directory, please visit: www.albertahcadirectory.com. – In addition, you must meet one of the following Alberta Health Services (AHS) Health Care Aide (HCA) competency requirement and provide evidence at time of hire: a) Certified – certified as a Health Care Aide through a Government of Alberta licensed post-secondary institution using the Provincial Health Care Aide Curriculum; or b) Substantially Equivalent – an educational background deemed equivalent as compared to the approved Provincial Health Care Aide Curriculum; or c) Deemed Competent – assessed as competent by an Alberta regulated nurse, using the Provincial Competency Assessment Profile Tool.
Additional Required Qualifications: