Health Care Aide – Alberta Health Services – Cochrane, AB.
As a Health Care Aide (HCA) – Nursing Attendant, you are responsible for providing personal assistance, supporting activities of daily living and providing comfort and support services to patients (clients, residents) who require short-term assistance or ongoing support. You will work closely with patients, families, and caregivers spanning the continuum of care in home, community or health care facilities. You will play a key role in providing safe, quality patient and family centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values of AHS.
- Classification: Health Care Aide
- Union: AUPE AUX
- Department: (COM)COCHRANE HOME HEALTH AIDE
- Primary Location: Cochrane Community Health Ctr
- Multi-Site: Not Applicable
- FTE: 0.00
- Posting End Date: 14-SEP-2020
- Employee Class: Casual/Relief
- Date Available: 24-SEP-2020
- Hours per Shift: Varies
- Length of Shift in weeks: Varies
- Shifts per cycle: Varies
- Shift Pattern: Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, On Call
- Days Off: Other
- Minimum Salary: $19.92
- Maximum Salary: $24.21
- Vehicle Requirement: Driver’s License, Vehicle Required
– As a condition of employment at AHS, you must be enrolled in the Government of Alberta-Health Care Aide Directory and provide evidence of your enrollment at time of hire and annually thereafter. For more information on the Alberta Health Care Aide Directory, please visit: www.albertahcadirectory.com. – In addition, you must meet one of the following Alberta Health Services (AHS) Health Care Aide (HCA) competency requirement and provide evidence at time of hire: a) Certified – certified as a Health Care Aide through a Government of Alberta licensed post-secondary institution using the Provincial Health Care Aide Curriculum; or b) Substantially Equivalent – an educational background deemed equivalent as compared to the approved Provincial Health Care Aide Curriculum; or c) Deemed Competent – assessed as competent by an Alberta regulated nurse, using the Provincial Competency Assessment Profile Tool.
Additional Required Qualifications:
Two years minimum HCA experience with a variety of different ages and populations (including palliative). Ability to work independently and take direction from an HCA supervisor.
Rural Home Care experience.