Human Resources Administrator – Tenneco – Cambridge, ON.
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers and marketers serving the light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial and aftermarket industries. Our portfolio consists of Clean Air, Powertrain, Aftermarket, and Ride Performance products and technology solutions. With our product portfolio, dedication to quality, global reach, entrepreneurial setting and competitive strength, we’re at a great place to build a lasting career.
We are looking for a Human Resources Administrator for our Cambridge, Ontario plant to contribute to our Clean Air business unit. You will support the HR team in various HR administrative services, such as attendance/time administration, absentee documentation, recruitment for hourly employees, and HRIS entries.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Develop, update and maintain all HR related databases for ISO/IATF certifications, labour relations, training, certifications, performance management, training cost, annual and probationary evaluations, recruitment initiatives, employee recognition, social events, union business and more as needed.
- Supporting attendance/time administrator, involving clearing attendance exceptions from RPM/SAP, processing absentee documentation, vacation, leaves of absence, generating lost-time and corrective-action reports and monitoring/reporting on absenteeism throughout the facility.
- Perform full-cycle recruitment for all hourly and support all non-managerial salaried positions, including sourcing and screening applications, conducting telephone and in-person interviews, reference checks, drafting offer letters, making final offers, and performing full on-boarding process.
- Maintain employee files in both physical format and HRIS (RPM and SAP) for hourly and salaried positions.
- Acting backup for weekly employee movement, including coordinating vacation requests and internal job postings, ensuring strict adherence to the Collective Agreement.
- Coordinate all employee recognition activities and social events for facility of 500 staff, including Service Awards Banquet, Seasonal BBQs, Years of Service Gift Program, Employee newsletter, Shared Value Awards program, Christmas Party, Seasonal Trivia Game and others.
- Administrative support for disability management, including WSIB documentation, Group Benefits Plan Sponsor Statements, Functional Abilities forms, and participating in Return to Work Meetings.
- Administrative support for labour relations, payroll, pension and benefits and all other HR functions.
- First point of contact in HR department, involving answering all employee questions about policies, benefits, leaves of absence, vacation and all other HR programs within the facility.
- Collect and report monitoring data in support of the EHS management system.
- Actively participate in the Tenneco EHS programs, which includes meeting objectives, adhering to policies and procedures, sharing ideas on improvements, etc.
- Post-Secondary Education in Business Administration / Human Resources / Payroll or other related program
- Strong demonstrated communication skills through both verbal and written mediums
- Active listening skills, requiring the incumbent to understand and follow up with various employee concerns and questions
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization with tact, diplomacy and respect for confidentiality
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced manufacturing facility
- Excellent skillset with Microsoft Office Suite of products (Outlook, Powerpoint, Word, Excel)
- Ability to use Advanced Excel Functions (Excel Syntax Formulas, Conditional Formatting, Charting and Tabling, Pivot Tables etc.) would be an asset
- Experience working with a Human Resources Information System (HRIS) would be an asset
- Experience in a unionized and/or manufacturing environment would be an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: $17.00-$21.00 per hour
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge, ON (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- Administrative: 2 years (Preferred)