Information Security Manager – 360insights – Whitby, ON.
Security analyst – job description
Description of Amendment or Action
Initial draft of job description.
- Ability to analyze and identify security solutions based on the latest industry best practices.
- Perform triage, analysis, response, and remediation for cybersecurity intrusion alerts, web application and server attacks, insider threats, and malware infections.
- Analyze security risks, make recommendations, and oversee resolutions.
- Oversee and maintain operation of the enterprise GRC platform.
- Analyze industry threat intelligence feeds for relevance and potential impact to the production environment.
- Oversee and report on application and Infrastructure vulnerability assessments and related remediation efforts.
- Oversee and report on static and dynamic security code analysis and related remediation efforts.
- Work with diverse IT and business teams to assist in the mitigation of identified threats or vulnerabilities.
- Prepare executive reports based on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Contribute to the development and implementation of security related system and process enhancements.
- Conduct and oversee internal audit initiatives involving production infrastructure and applications.
- Work with the 360insights team to support external compliance audits.
- Analyze and refine enterprise security training measures for team members.
- Participate as a supporting resource on security or IT enhancement projects as needed.
Skills and Experience
- Working experience with cloud providers such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform.
- Knowledge of Agile, DevOps and Scrum development methodologies.
- Knowledge of IT frameworks and prevalent security standards such as SOC2, ISO27001, NIST SP-800, etc.
- Experience with logging, monitoring, and alerting (i.e. SIEM) technologies, such as Wireshark, Splunk, or SolarWinds.
- Experience using DLP and Endpoint Protection solutions.
- Strong understanding of enterprise-level networks and TCP/IP networking protocols.
- Experience with vulnerabilities and exploit methods, such as DDoS, XSS attacks, SQL injection and how to recognize attacks in-progress.
- Solid understanding of the OWASP Top 10.
- Understanding of next generation firewalls and related security concepts.
- Independent working abilities, i.e., experience taking ownership of problems and working on projects involving multiple resources.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate and interact effectively with technical professionals as well as users and others who are non-technical experts.
- Strong customer service orientation, with a demonstrated ability to listen and interpret as well as establish and maintain effective relationships with team members.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to perform root cause analysis.
- Ability to plan and manage time effectively, multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- College-level Diploma or University Degree in a related field.
- Professional certifications, e.g. SANS, CISSP, CISA, CISM and/or CCSP.
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in similar roles.
Nice to Have
- Experience with cloud IT architectures and platform technologies including APIs, microservices, CI/CD orchestration tools etc.
- Hands-on security penetration testing expertise.
- Previous experience in a SOC analyst role.
- Experience with conducting and/or managing threat risk or privacy impact assessment engagements.
- Working experience with data protection regulations including GDPR, CCPA and PIPEDA.