Junior Interior Designer / Receptionist – Touchtone Canada – Edmonton, AB.
Touchtone Canada isa flooring company based in Edmonton, AB, specializing in commercial and residential design projects. We are currently seeking highly motivated and talented Junior Interior Designers to join our team for full-time positions.
We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Help on various projects from beginning to end
- Participate in project meetings
- Assist with field observation and documentation analysis during construction process
- Keen interest in architectural elements as they pertain to interior design
- Uphold integrity and commitment in production of quality work
- Self-review for accuracy, omissions, errors, and legibility
- Keeping up-to-date on the wide selection of flooring material we have to offer along with the benefits and warranties provided by each retailer
- Networking regularly and prospecting for new business
- Strong customer service skills
- Time Flexibility (Shifts – days, nights and weekends required)
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to our ever changing product line-ups
- Previous knowledge of the flooring industry and competitors an asset
- Answering phones and using our in house software to keep up to date on product stock and project inquiries from clients
- Bachelors in Interior Design or certificate/diploma from an accredited Interior Design program.
- 1-2 years of experience working in a design firm preferred
- ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment
- ability to complete tasks with focus & accuracy, with strong attention to detail
- ability to handle multiple responsibilities
- ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined
- ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both verbally and in writing
- references a plus
Our employees are our most important asset, so we only hire great individuals! If you are ready to begin a career with an exponentially growing company please enclose your resume.
How to Apply: Please provide the following:
- Please use the response option in this job board.
- An up-to-date resume outlining your experience for the position
- A cover letter is always appreciated
- Salary history and/or requirements
We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls be sent to our store, as a means to further your application process. Please do not personally deliver resumes to the store. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration, and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you kindly in advance for your adherence to this request.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Touchtone Canada is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $39,577.00-$48,372.00 per year
- 8 Hour Shift
- Interior Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- Edmonton, AB (Required)
- Class 5 Drivers (Preferred)