Maintenance Manager – Merlin plastics – Delta, BC.
Merlin Plastic is a well-diversified, growing plastic recycler, and plastic extrusion pellet producer with multiple operations within North America.
Merlin Plastic is looking for a* Plant Maintenance Manager. *In this role, you will be responsible for supervising and directing the plant maintenance activities, including playing a leading role in the administration of the safety programs at all the plant sites at the Delta location.
If you are motivated by unique challenges, constant upgrades and ongoing projects, this opportunity is for you.
- Manage preventative maintenance programs for ensuring the safe and reliable operation of all Delta process production facilities.
- Develop and maintain maintenance procedures and processes that align with corporate standards to optimize the performance and reliability of all equipment.
- Organize and direct maintenance practices to ensure meeting or exceeding operational targets.
- Ensure all reporting of our CMMS is accurately submitted in a timely manner.
- Promote continuous improvement in all aspects of Maintenance.
- Create budgets and manage purchasing controls for repair and maintenance costs.
- Manage and direct maintenance staff for the repair of plants during unplanned outages.
- The manager is expected to have hands-on availability.
- Direct and supervise millwrights, electricians, and welding fabricating shop at the Delta location.
- Assist in hiring/ discipline /training /succession planning and ensure safety compliance of the work force meets company standards.
- Responsible for monthly safety meetings, administration of policy in coordination with Safety Department and WSBC for all work-related injuries and manages RTW for plant maintenance group.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety in British Columbia
- Assess current plant capabilities and efficiency and make recommendations for capital expenditure including writing of applications for expenditure. Responsible for the installation and budget of approved capital expenditure projects for Lower Mainland plant locations.
- Facilitate respectful and cooperative interdepartmental communications as part of Merlin Plastic Management Team; Develop and sustain good inter departmental relationships.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Establish Work Standards and Standard Operating Procedures for all areas of responsibility to ensure efficient, safe, and high-quality work at Merlin Plastic.
- Supervise, direct, coordinate and coach the activities of the maintenance leadership team ensuring that high standards are filtered throughout the department.
- Maintain a solid awareness of other departmental needs required of the Maintenance Department.
- Participate in leadership in the apprentice programs to maintain sitewide operational awareness.
- Communicate with management and Human Resources Department when necessary to develop solutions and solve problems.
- Demonstrate and ensure all employees adhere to the expectations and principals of Merlin Plastics values.
- Document employee attendance and hours worked.
- Review, assess and manage employee performance.
- Implement fair and consistent corrective action commensurate with Merlin Plastic Policies when required.
- Post-Secondary education in electrical or mechanical technical certification is an asset, including but not limited to Red Seal, a technologist degree, or an engineering degree.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years’ experience in a combination of Fixed Plant and Mobile Maintenance in an industrial setting.
- 8+ years’ experience in a heavy industrial setting.
- Minimum of five (5) years of management experience leading a team.
- 5+ years’ experience supervising a workforce.
- Ability to work with a diverse cross-cultural workforce.
- Experience in Plastic industry is an asset.
- Experience creating, managing, and directing maintenance programs.
- Familiar with local and provincial regulations for safety and environment.
- Some project management experience.
- Good understanding of civil structures, mechanical and electrical equipment.
Our per-employment process includes reference checks, a criminal record and drivers abstract check may be required.
Negotiable and commensurate with experience
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role, but unfortunately only those considered for the interview will be contacted.
Recruiters, please don’t contact
It is advised if you are invited for an Interview please wear your Mask as It is mandatory, no applicant is allowed without that. Should you have any symptoms of Covid-19 or been in contact with any Patient with Covid-19 it is advised not to come.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations