Status: Full Time
Department: Plant Operations
Site: Hogarth Riverview Manor and Sister Leila Greco Apartments
Shifts: Days (and some on-call coverage required)
Rate of Pay: $22.94 per hour
The Maintenance II – Multi Skill Worker is responsible for maintaining, installing, troubleshooting, moving, repairing, building components, property, equipment and fixtures throughout the assigned St. Joseph’s Care Group sites.
- Minimum education required is Grade 12 and related job experience similar to tradesman qualifications or technical school graduation in electrical, plumbing, millwrighting, painting, sheet metal, etc. majors; or a combination of equivalent experience and education; e.g.; Provincial Building Operator’s Certificate
- Five years of related experience in the methods and practices of a particular trade
- Proficient computer skills for accessing of information, updating preventative maintenance program and/or equipment troubleshooting
- Must be in good physical condition. Physical demands of the job include walking, bending, lifting, reaching, carrying, crawling, etc.
- Must have good eye-hand co-ordination
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Valid Class G motor vehicle license and adequate insurance
For new employees, or current employees transferring into a Long Term Care position from outside of Long Term Care, this position requires the submission and acceptance by Human Resources of a Police Record Check – Vulnerable Sector Check that is issued for St. Joseph’s Care Group (SJCG) and is determined to be negative and/or pose no significant risk to St. Joseph’s Care Group and its clients.
St. Joseph’s Care Group is committed to providing high quality client-centred care by building a respectful and inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. Individuals who speak a second language including French, Finnish, Italian, Ojibway, Cree, Oji-Cree, etc. are encouraged to apply.
Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.