PR Associate (Consumer) – Golin – Toronto, ON.
If you haven’t met Golin, we’re a global PR and digital agency reinventing our industry. Every. Single. Day. Yet we still make time to create award-winning client work and have fun while we’re doing it. Our CEO describes us as, “nice guys who kick @$$” and we’re happy to have earned that reputation thanks to a dynamic team, strong clients and an obsession with shaking up the status quo. It may be cliché to say, but we actually do live by the mantra of ‘work hard, play hard,’ offering our new “Lifetime” vacation policy, ridiculously good health and wellness benefits and the ability to work from anywhere one day a week.
Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting-edge digital content, to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare technology and consumer service companies in the world.
Recently named PR Week’s 2020 Global Agency of the Year and winner of a 2019 Gold Cannes Lion, we tend to Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to going all in for our people by offering our Life Time benefits program. Life Time offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, generous health and wellness benefits, the ability to work remotely and a monthly Life Time stipend for the gym or hobbies. Our culture is built around happy people who are the best at what we do!
Sound like you want to “Go All In” with us? Here are the details:
Golin is looking for an Associate to work in our consumer practice.
You have a day to day support role within Golin Toronto’s consumer practice.
Enthusiasm, collaboration, positive attitude, self-discipline are key character traits of the person who will take on this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Support client programs and campaigns
- Conduct background research
- Support the development and execution of integrated communications campaigns including events and experiential activities for media and influencers
- Conduct daily media monitoring and create client reports
- Develop campaign wrap reports that celebrate our successes and results
- Identify media opportunities for clients both locally and nationally
- Develop strong relationships with a range of media and influencer related partners, as well as vendors and suppliers, on behalf of Golin
- Create media lists, ensure lists are up to date with the latest information
- Daily use of monitoring and social listening tools (Infomart, Meltwater, PressReader)
- Utilize Golin’s proprietary media and influencer tools
- Produce a variety of client reports, conduct competitive analysis and develop research briefs
- Develop all types of content related to brand communications including media advisories, news releases, pitches, presentations
- Manage and track client budgets when required
- Act as mentor to interns
What You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree and post-secondary education in public relations/ corporate communications
- 1-2 years of experience in a PR agency working with a variety of clients
- Experience working with media, preparing media materials
- Strong communicator both written and verbal with the ability to draft reports and materials
- Ability to manage multiple competing demands
- Highly organized, adaptable and ability to be both agile and collaborative
- Experience with clients in the food and beverage, retail, travel or corporate spaces are assets
- Ability to communicate both verbal and written in French language is definite asset
- Go All In attitude is a MUST!
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.