Location: Quebec or Ontario
Status: Full-time, permanent (1)
Quadra Chemicals a leading distributor of chemicals and ingredients in North America. We have facilities across Canada and in selected markets in the United States. We are a fast paced, growing company with a commitment to the long term and to our people. If you are committed to excellence, you belong at Quadra. Our employees are professional and passionate about our company. In return, Quadra offers a stimulating work environment and the opportunity for personal growth with recognition for outstanding performance. Our employees work in a high-performance environment where we strive to be the best in our industry. Quadra is proud to be certified as a Great Workplace. By pursuing and encouraging excellence, we ensure superior product quality, customer service and value for our stakeholders.
We are currently looking for an experienced and motivated sales professional with an established network of industry contacts to fill the role of Product Manager for our Health and Personal Care group.
Reporting directly to the Business Manager, the Product Manager will be responsible for the profitable growth of their product portfolio in Canada and in the United-States. You will also be responsible for the strategic purchasing and inventory management of the products in the portfolio. You must have excellent communication skills in order to execute various presentations regarding your market or products.
The Product Manager role at Quadra is a blend of “marketing” and “procurement” functions and includes the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for supplier relations; identifies and provides reliable and competitive products for our target markets
- Responsible for the ongoing market development and sustained profitable growth of their product portfolio
- Attracts and retains world-class supplier partners to complement Quadra’s existing product offering
- Manage and lead the effective launch of new suppliers and product lines
- Responsible for planning, development, purchasing and inventory management of products
- Negotiation and follow-up with suppliers
- Lead training sessions or presentations, ability to communicate easily in front of an audience
- Central role in working very closely with the company’s sales force team and balancing company objectives, customer requirements and supplier expectations
- To be the expert in the knowledge of its products and key markets, to support the sales team in decision making
- Assist on sales calls or customer visits
- Builds strong ties and relationships with the sales team, based on trust, credibility and collaboration
- Collaborate on various virtual projects; online marketing, webinars, etc.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- University degree in Sciences preferably in personal care, nutrition or health science
- Minimum 10 years of experience in sales and/or marketing in a Pharmaceutical, Supplements, Personal Care and/or Food environment;
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in procurement and inventory management
- General technical understanding of the Pharmaceutical, Supplement, Personal Care and/or food industries with an ability to deliver training and presentations to sales team/clients
- Proven experience analyzing markets and developing marketing plans
- Proven business acumen
- Professional procurement accreditation (an asset)
- A willingness to travel overnight, up to 40% of the time
- Proven advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office) and proven experience with a CRM; Salesforce would be a great asset
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently and handle pressure and tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to manage and influence others
Quadra supports and values diversity and offer equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status and gender identity. Quadra also welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process