Project Manager – Framatome – Pickering, ON.
Framatome is seeking a Project Manager in Pickering, Ontario. Under broad supervision, this position is responsible for securing and managing resources for moderately complex Level “C” single product line commercial projects from proposal development and award through contract closeout. Responsibilities typically include planning, scheduling and control of project activities to achieve project objectives.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides project leadership for major commercial design, construction, expansion, extension, renovation, supply or component replacement projects.
- Strong project management skills, combined with a proven experience with construction projects in the nuclear field.
- Proficient in managing medium to high complexity projects, in compliance with applicable project management methods and processes to meet client needs and expectations.
- Responsible for project execution, development of project plans/schedules/procurement strategies to achieve project quality, reliability, cost and timing objectives.
- Coordinates multiple project activities including organizing and directing personnel, materials and equipment; utilizes team building skills to ensure satisfactory project performance.
- Develops assignments, timetables and responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project.
- Monitors overall execution of project activities, risks, customer’s expectations and compliance with customer’s requirements for project reporting and performance measurement.
- Defines and forecasts required skills and qualifications to meet project objectives.
- Manages the timely issuance and payment of customer invoices.
- Manages cash flow and ensures attainment of expected cash position.
- Proficient in project costing requirements as they pertain to capturing and reporting accruals, commitments, and forecasting
- Main Point of Contact for general commercial discussions associated with the project.
- Provides primary interface between project team, management and client.
- Monitors man-hour reports and accuracy of project charges.
- Competent in Earned Value management and reporting
- Familiar with schedule development techniques and schedule structure as it aligns with WBS and CBS.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- BS Degree in Business, Engineering or similar field, or related experience in lieu of degree, plus 10-12 years of project work experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Project Management concepts, processes, procedures and tools
- Good knowledge and understanding of nuclear safety issues and requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work effectively with all levels of staff & management
- Excellent working knowledge of PC-based applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills with emphasis on “root cause” analysis
- Excellent report development and presentation skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Proven experience and understanding of Bruce Power processes
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Incumbents should be working on or have achieved, and continue to maintain Framatome Project Management Certification. Must meet all requirements for Framatome Level C certification.
- Bruce Power security clearance is a plus.
- Previous experience with managing construction projects requiring support from trades is a plus.
- PMP Certification is preferred.
Travel: 10% – routine travel to Bruce Power site along with Sporadic Travel to Kincardine required.
- Remain in a stationary position, walk, kneel and crouch.
- Operate computer on a continual basis and communicate with various levels of the organization.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.