Property Manager (12 Month Contract) – Dream Unlimited – Calgary, AB.
Dream is looking for a Property Manager (12 Month Contract)
We are always looking for the best and brightest to join our thriving community. Dream is currently looking for a Property Manager on a 12 month contract to be accountable for all aspects of the daily property management operations while overseeing Building Operations, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Tenant Relations and Financial Accountability of an office portfolio located in Calgary, Alberta.
Who are you?
There’s a lot happening at Dream, and it’s happening fast. Are you passionate, dedicated, and highly analytical? Are you able to think on your feet, anticipate needs and deliver on your commitments? Do you love working with people? If so, read on. We want to hear from you.
Over the 3-5 years you’ve worked in commercial property management you’ve proven that you are not afraid to think outside the box to find the best approach to achieve results. You are proactive, leading by example rather than sitting back. You consider the bigger picture when focusing on new initiatives and you thrive on driving improvement and efficiency.
You understand that, for you and the company to be successful, you have to be willing to go the extra mile for the tenants and your customers. But you’re good at that: you like people, and it also shows in how you communicate – be it when you speak, write, or facilitate meetings. You are comfortable conducting facilitating meetings, and it is important to us that you are team-oriented and that people like collaborating with you.
We want to bring on someone who is eager to learn, work hard, and have fun. In other words, we want you to fit in here. This is an opportunity for you to take on responsibilities, build on your already strong skill set and help your team achieve its goals, all in a work environment that is fast-paced, dynamic and fun.
What will you do?
Below are some of the primary responsibilities you will be taking on in this role. There will be more, but we can discuss those in person.
- Developing strong relations with tenants, contractors, vendors & all other real estate professionals;
- Preparing annual budgets and monthly reporting for operating income, expenses and capital expenditures for each property;
- Supervising the development of the portfolio’s Property Management and Building Operations Teams through the implementation of effective recruitment, training, motivation and development programs;
- Establishing programs for the care and maintenance of all buildings & equipment to ensure buildings are maintained at the highest level;
- Coordinating & supervising construction projects as requested;
- Establish short and long term goals and objectives for the assets within the assigned portfolio, in alignment with the corporate vision and direction;
- Solid critical thinking utilizing logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to all problems and opportunities;
- Perform employee performance reviews on an annual basis, maintaining clear objectives, directives and assessments by the manager throughout the year;
- Participate in industry related events;
- Other special projects and duties as required.
What type of experience and skills do you have?
These are only some of the things we’d like you to bring to the table. We can cover the rest when we meet.
- You have a minimum 3-5 years of property management experience, with direct leadership and people management skills (considered an asset);
- Experience in commercial property management, financial analysis, lease interpretation, building operations and maintaining strong internal controls;
- Knowledge of building construction, ability to review building specifications and drawings, oversee landlord and tenant work in accordance with the Lease documentation;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and JD Edwards; Experience with Microsoft Access and Vena is a bonus.
- We ask that you have an active Real Estate License
- Bonus if you have a professional designation such as an RPA or CPM.
Who are we?
Dream Unlimited Corp. is a leading Canadian real estate company with $9 billion of assets under management in Canada and Europe. We develop, manage, and invest in master-planned communities, income properties, and urban intensification. We proudly build communities from the ground up: from land development to buildings homes and condominiums, and from providing retail centres and driving renewable energy projects to managing assets across the country.
Our attitude and approach set us apart from our competitors. We are guided by our entrepreneurial spirit: we seize unconventional opportunities and try new things, approaching every project with passion and purpose.
We care about our employees. We want everyone to have a rewarding career and to work with people they like, so we provide exciting work opportunities, open work environments, and fun events. We hire constant learners so we make sure to provide them with learning and growth opportunities.
Dream Office REIT (D.UN) owns and operates high-quality, well located and competitively priced business premises in key markets across Canada. The portfolio comprises central business district and suburban office properties located predominantly in Canada’s largest cities. Most of all, we are committed to creating better communities for Canadians to work in.
Dream Unlimited is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process.