Receptionist/Veterinary Assistant – Sunset Ridge Veterinary Clinic – Cochrane, AB.
Job Description: Receptionist / Veterinary Assistant
Sunset Ridge Veterinary Clinic
We are a NEW small animal veterinary hospital specializing in felines and canines. We are located in beautiful Cochrane, Alberta in the north growing community of Sunset Ridge. Our practise provides a variety of services performed by Dr. Victoria Fielding including wellness checks, vaccinations, surgeries, spay & neuter procedures, radiology, dentistry, and laboratory tests.
We are searching for one or two part-time receptionist / veterinary assistants as an addition to our team! The ideal candidate(s) will be personable yet highly professional and help us deliver quality care to our clients and patients! As we are a new practise, preference will be for individuals with previous veterinary clinic experience to help us expand and improve and who understand hospital procedures.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to,
- Customer service functions, greeting clients and patients, answering phones & emails
- Scheduling and confirming appointments
- Placing outbound calls for follow-ups and reaching out to prospective clients
- Presenting and explaining fees, including processing payments
- Recommending, selecting, and obtaining products and services, including prescriptions
- Answering questions regarding products and services, including educating clients on general animal husbandry and non-medical pet care
- Managing medical records, charts, reports and correspondence
- Hospital maintenance, laundry, day end close and clean and ensuring that the facility is always neat and clean, cleaning exam rooms
- Assistant in the hospital during procedures
Overall, we are looking for a highly versatile individual who can multitask between reception and the hospital.
We try to make this a fun and interesting place to work, with reliable and friendly co-workers.
Currently the schedule is Monday and Wednesday 1-6pm, Tuesday 8am-1:30pm, Thursday 8am-6pm and Saturdays 9am-2pm.
Job Type: Part-Time 30.5 Hours
Compensation/pay is based on experience!
Preference for local individuals who are close by, looking to support the Cochrane community!
Please come by and drop off your resume & cover letter and meet the team! We are located at 101 Sunset Drive, Unit #5105!
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00-$25.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Veterinary Assistant: 1 year (preferred)
- Veterinary Receptionist: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (preferred)