Recreation Therapist – Connecting Care – Cochrane, AB.
EMPLOYEE CARE PARTNER OPPORTUNITY
Required for a Supportive Living community in Cochrane.
Operated by Connecting Care – A leader in seniors’ supportive housing management in Alberta.
Fulfilling this Care Partner Role:
To ensure that we have the right person with the right knowledge to fulfill this role, the following is required:
- Grade 12 Diploma or recognized equivalent is required.
- Diploma in recreation with a specialization in therapeutic recreation or Degree in Recreation Therapy, Leisure Studies, or Recreation Administration is required.
- Registered with the Alberta Therapeutic Recreation Association (ATRA) required or must be able to obtain.
- Experience in recreation programs and providing recreation therapy services.
- Knowledge of services, assessments, care planning, all applicable regulations, guidelines, and standards as they relate to recreational services.
- Commitment to person directed care approaches.
- Being responsive to the needs of Care Partners.
- Being a companion, balance giving and receiving care.
- Spontaneous at times.
- Commitment to Person Centered care approaches.
- Flexibility and a willingness to modify role duties for the overall good of the Community and the Residents.
- Demonstrates an awareness of accident and injury prevention; adheres to safe work practices and procedures
Competition #: 02092020 – PWLCR
Only successful applicants will be notified.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28.28 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift