Technical Operator Supervisor – Baylis Medical – Mississauga, ON.
The Technical Operator Supervisor plays a key role in achieving the Technical Operator Team’s Goal, Vision and Capabilities. They will lend their own experience, provide guidance and mentorship to new and experienced team members. They will facilitate coordination with engineers and leaders, ensuring smooth development of projects and building positive team engagement.
Snapshot of Responsibilities:
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of the Technical Operator team members.
- Drive growth and development to achieve the Goal, Vision and Capabilities above.
- Responsible for the overall development and coordination of training team members to:
- Become proficient in relevant areas of manufacturing and testing (striving for the “Goal above”)
- Develop new processes to aid NPI (New Product Introduction) teams as a product/project moves through PDP (Product Development Process) phases
- Develop new processes to aid CI (Continuous Improvement) teams with line improvement initiatives
- Performs tasks on process development and improvement activities as required.
- Manage Technical Operator Scheduling and Communication as needed.
- Testing: the team will often focus on building, however it is important to be able to carry out relevant mechanical testing. Supervisor interpret test procedures, train team/identify team members to lead/champion specific tests (trainer). Team is responsible for recording test data (digital if possible) and distribute to relevant engineer(s)
- Ensure the lab space as a whole is kept to a high standard of organization and tidiness. Hold engineers / project leaders accountable to their lab space organization, with special attention to the areas where Technical Operators are stationed.
- Ensure correct protocols are available and being followed when working with the products. Early NPI products may have very basic instructions (pre/alpha), however, these should be followed when available.
- Ensure record of new process methods/changes/approach is kept as frequently as necessary. This enables an iterative approach and the ability to identify successful process approaches. It also provides opportunity to return to an earlier revision if needed.
- Plan and execute team cross training.
- Work with the Engineers to establish improved approach to manufacturing & testing
- Place purchase requests as needed.
What you bring to the team:
- Secondary level education required – Tertiary education desirable
- Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, planning and organization skills.
- Competency and understanding of the English language (oral, reading and writing skills).
- Detail oriented, highly organized, adaptable and works well under pressure.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of MS Office: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Desire to learn new skills required for new responsibilities as the products/processes develop/change
What we have to offer:
- Smart commute options including complimentary shuttle from Kipling Station, and subsidized transit program.
- Flexible working hours that complement core business hours.
- One day off for volunteering, to give back to a charitable organization of your choice.
- Purposeful work that drives career development, with opportunities to learn and grow by way of on-site training, workshops, and lunch and learn sessions.
- Comprehensive total rewards package, including tuition reimbursement and lifestyle and health spending account.
- Well-being initiatives, including onsite gym facility and fitness classes (yoga and boot camp).
- Employee-friendly work environment, with opportunity to participate in employee-led clubs, organized sports teams, video games, foosball, ping pong, etc.
At Baylis Medical, everyone works with a shared purpose: to improve the lives of people around the world. Named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, we are a rapidly growing leader in the development, manufacturing and commercialization of innovative medical devices in the field of cardiology. Our focus is on providing physicians clinically-relevant tools, so that no patient goes untreated.
We are looking for talented individuals, like yourself, to join Baylis Medical and make an impact in the lives of patients. Are you ready to join us?
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Want an inside look at careers and life at Baylis? View employee profiles on The Muse and follow us on Instagram @Baylismedical