Temporary assignment- approximately 26 weeks
This position supports the telecommunication needs of the hospital and monitors panels and alarm systems. All contacts and communication must be handled in an efficient and professional manner in accordance with departmental and hospital procedures.
- High school diploma
- Bell Canada experience or equivalent switchboard experience
- Ability to operate a Meridian 2250 console, and familiarity with Avaya (Nortel) basic switch functions
- PC familiarity
- Knowledge of a second language preferred
- Ability to act independently as well as in a team environment
- Pleasant and professional telephone manner
- Requires acute hearing and intense concentration
- Good work performance and attendance record is essential
Responsible for the following: rapid, accurate and courteous processing of all calls, operation of hospital long and short range paging equipment, as well as overhead, emergency and regular paging, monitoring of computerized fire panel, monitoring of other alarm panels, initializing any emergency procedure, directing and responding to inquiries at the information desk, processing incoming trouble calls, minor telephone repairs, set up of teleconferences as required, performing basic clerical functions for department as needed, and other duties as assigned.
HOURS OF WORK
Rotating shifts – days, afternoons, nights, weekends and statutory holidays
(plus 14% lieu of benefits)