Yard Vehicle Shifter – Vancouver Hub (10AM start) – UNITED PARCEL SERVICE – Richmond, BC.
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Future You wants to know – what is life at UPS really like? You’ll see that it’s about opportunity, teamwork, a supportive culture and benefits that help you become everything you’re envisioning right now.Explore the many ways UPS can enrich life for Future You. And if you’d like benefit information, find it with the specific job you’re looking for.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Move/shift containers and trailers within a defined area.
- Adhere to and follow company established safety rules and procedures.
- Follow and execute company-established safe/defensive driving methods.
- Drive with and reverse dollies, 28’ trailers and 53’ trailers (training will be provided).
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License
- Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Full availability to work Tuesday to Saturday (Shift starts at 10.00 AM)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and physically demanding environment and staying longer than the usual shift hours depending on the operational needs and package shipment volume
- Ability to lift and push up to 70-lbs.
- Able to assist with extra weekend work occasionally.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $16.00/hr and automatic progression as per the existing Union Collective Agreement
- Health and dental benefits after 12 months of employment (commences on the first day of the month after meeting the requirement)
- 2 weeks of paid vacation after one year of service
- Immediate access to UPS ‘Employee Discounts’ upon hiring
- Paid training
- Opportunity for advancement within a Fortune 100 Company
- Free parking
- Exposed to changing/extreme temperatures while working in a warehouse environment and/or trailer yard/outdoors.
- Working in loud environments.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.